How can you charge the Anker Astro E4 power bank? What is the charging time? How to check the capacity of the portable charger?
CAUTION: Electrical Device. Read the safety instructions!
Connect the Anker Astro E4 portable charger to a power source (such as a computer or power outlet) using the supplied Micro USB cable.
The four LEDs indicate the charging progress. Once the power bank is fully charged, all four LEDs will shut off. A full charging cycle takes about 6 to 7 hours, depending on the chosen power source (e.g. 2A power charger). The power bank supports the PowerIQ standard.
Step 3 (optional)
The 4 LEDs will show the current battery status.
- First LED flashes: Battery has < 25% capacity.
- First LED solid, second flashes: Battery has 25% – 50% capacity.
- First two LEDs solid, third flashes: Battery has 50% – 75% capacity.
- First three LEDs solid, fourth flashes: Battery has 75% – 99% capacity.
- All four LEDs solid: Battery has 100% (full) capacity.
The 4 LEDs will show the current battery status when charging a device. Once the device is fully charged, the LEDs turn off automatically.
- All four LEDs solid: Battery has 75% – 100% capacity.
- First three LEDs solid: Battery has 50% – 75% capacity.
- First two LEDs solid: Battery has 25% – 50% capacity.
- First LED solid: Battery has 5% – 25% capacity.
- First LED flashes: Battery has < 5% capacity.
When the Anker Astro E4 charges a device and the device switches off because its battery is fully charged, the power bank will switch off as well. But it can be switched on again by pressing the button.
The USB ports are not powered off while charging. It is therefore possible to charge another device at the same time, thus pass through charging is enabled.
To use the flashlight, simply press the button on the side.
The Anker Astro E4 should be charged every 4 months at the latest in order to avoid damages to the battery.