The US technology company Apple Inc. is recalling the iPhone X. Customers were experiencing touch issues on the display.
Cupertino (CA) – The iPhone manufacturer Apple officially started a replacement program on November 09, 2018. The affected iPhone X may cause touch issues caused by a component which might fail on the display module. The affected device might exhibit the following:
- The display, or part of the display, does not respond or responds intermittently to touch.
- The display reacts even though it was not touched.
According to Apple, only the iPhone X devices are affected. Other iPhone models are not part of the module replacement program.
It is recommended to visit the Apple support website. Any affected device will be repaired free of charge. However, the manufacturer points out that the following restrictions apply for this recall:
- Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase.
- This Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone X.
- The program covers affected iPhone X devices for 3 years after the first retail sale of the unit.
Currently affected models:
- Model iPhone X
If you have previously repaired the iPhone X for this defect, you can contact Apple directly and request a refund of the amount paid. Otherwise, you can select one of the following contact options to organize the free repair:
- Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Apple Retail Store
- Apple Technical Support
Reference: Apple Inc. December 2018.